TIRE REPAIR USAGE
1. What size hole can the system repair?
The system can repair a tread puncture of up to 6 mm / 1/4” in size. A sidewall puncture can never be repaired.
2. Can it repair a sidewall puncture?
A sidewall puncture can never be repaired, is never warranted by the tire manufacturer, and should never be patched by a tire professional.
3. How fast can I go with a repaired tire?
You can drive up to 80 km/h / 50 mph with a properly inflated and sealed tire repaired by the system.
4. How far can I go with a repaired tire?
You can drive up to 300 km / 200 miles with a properly inflated and sealed tire repaired by the system.
5. Can I use it for more than one tire?
Each model comes with one canister of Dunlop tire sealant which is good for one tire. You can buy additional canisters of Dunlop tire sealant once your original canister has been used.
6. After I use the system, can I replace the tire sealant?
You can buy a new Dunlop tire sealant canister wherever you purchased your product. You can also buy it at www.activeproducts.com.
7. Once I repair the hole with the system, can I get it patched by a tire professional?
Yes, you can get your tire patched by any tire professional. Just let them know that you have sealed your tire with the system so that they are aware of the tire sealant inside. The sealant poses no danger to the tire professional, and there are no harmful gases or chemicals to deal with.
8. Can I use the system on High Performance Tires?
Yes, the system is safe for all High Performance Tires.
9. Can I use the system on SUV Tires?
Yes, the system is safe for all SUV Tires.
10. Can I use the system on Run-Flat Tires?
Yes, the system is safe for Run-Flat Tires.
11. What’s the biggest size tire I can use the system on?
The included Dunlop tire sealant is large enough for any passenger vehicle on the road today. Larger commercial applications would require more tire sealant to effectively seal the tire.
12. Does the Dunlop tire sealant damage the tire or rim?
No, the Dunlop tire sealant does not damage the tire or rim in any way.
13. Is the Dunlop tire sealant dangerous or hazardous?
Although the Dunlop tire sealant is labeled toxic, it poses no danger or risk to users. In Europe where regulations are different the Dunlop tire sealant is not considered toxic. Since the Dunlop tire sealant is not pressurized, there is no risk of explosion, no flammability issues, and no temperature issues.
14. What temperature or conditions can I use the system?
The Dunlop tire sealant has the widest operating temperature range of any tire sealant on the market, from -30’C / -22’F to 70’C / 158’F.
15. Does any tire manufacturer recommend NOT using the system?
No, this system is in use on hundreds of thousands of vehicles worldwide and approved by leading car manufacturers.
16. Does using the system void any tire manufacturer’s warranty?
No, the use of the system itself will not void the tire manufacturer’s warranty, but the nature of the damage, any patch by a tire professional, or the age of the tire may. Please check your individual tire’s warranty for details.
17. Are there any explosion or flammability issues with the system?
Unlike pressurized cans of tire sealant, there are no explosions, flammability, gas or other dangers with the system.
18. How long does the latex last? Is there an expiration date?
The Dunlop tire sealant has a shelf life of 5 years. Just buy another canister and replace the tire sealant in the product.
19. I have a problem using my tire repair product. What do I do?
You may call 1-866-924-7626 or contact us for more information, and step by step instructions on how to use your tire repair product.
20. I want to buy this tire repair system, where do I go?
Visit find a retailer for where to buy and a retailer near you.